Dorset Mind Wellbeing registration form
Dorset Mind Wellbeing check-in poster
RNLI Virtual Reindeer Run
SSCT Internet Safety Information
Verwood Food bank
NHS Flu vaccination offer letter for years 5'6'7
Protecting your child against flu leaflet
East Dorset Parent/carer advice sessions
Happy Families Flyer
Happy Families Programme information
Happy Families concertina fridge leaflet
What is private fostering?
Private fostering is when a child under the age of 16 (or 18 if disabled) lives with someone for 28 days or more who is not a:
- close relative such as a grandparent, sibling, uncle or aunt or step-parent
- person with parental responsibility
The parent/s and the private foster carer would make this arrangement, not the local council.
Why may someone private foster?
Private fostering can if happen if the child or young person:
- has parents who live overseas and they come to this country to attend school
- has parents who are ill and cannot look after them
- has been estranged from their families
- is attending language schools and staying with host families
Find out more on the Coram BAAF Adoption and Fostering Academy website.